Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Home sweet magic home

Our kids dresser broke so I found a couple at Garage Sales and my mom helped me make them "new" again when she was in town. We painted them and then put a glaze with brown acrylic paint over the top to make them look a little used. I love how they turned out.


We also did this cute table that we use for preschool. I love it because it's a finish that I don't have to be too particular about. If the kids get marker and glue and glitter all over it, I don't care.


This is the painting that started the whole room.
I also painted the stools and this paper roll from Ikea barn red.

I was so excited when I caught this rare magical moment of my children reading together. Eirik was reciting what he rememberd of this adorable book called "Way out West with a Baby." He has such a great memory it astounds me.
This room has been such a delight this summer. Those vines outside the window are trumpet vines that are gorgeous with the summer sun through them. Birds come and land in them right outside the open window. Magic

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is a beautiful room!!!!

~selina

Jamie said...

I must have missed this post...This room is beautiful! You are so uber talented. I was just in a store the other day and thought "I wish I knew how to put things together in my house like Melody." :) I am clueless...
I love that you made such a precious room for your boys to enjoy together and create in together! I love it!
I am wondering...is this their bedroom or a playroom?

Melody said...

Your so nice Jamie. This is their bedroom that we also use for school and reading. The toys are downstairs. I can see I need to have you over!