Monday, September 13, 2010

The end of Summer vacation and my first day of school for the rest of ... forever


Paul finally graduated last year and guess who starts school this year? Yep, Eirik. My first day of kids in school for the rest of ... forever.

One of my friends said to me this week, "I feel sort of guilty, my life seems too easy right now." She has gone from 4 kids at home all summer to just two.
Personally, I have been getting giddy for preschool to start. I don't feel a bit guilty that I had a super easy morning this morning on Eirik's first day because Eirik loved his first day as much as I did. For three mornings a week someone else gets to keep up with his amazing energy for a few hours! Joren and I had a very nice time just being together this morning. I think Joren really enjoyed some alone time where he could play with anything he wanted, no one grabbed, and no one bossed him or bullied him. He just happily played. Eirik's teacher is wondreful and cried at our first parents meeting as she told us how excited she is to teach and how much she already loves our kids. She is fresh out of college and I think she's wonderful! Hooray for Preschool!

No comments: