Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Design on a Dime Nursery Reveal!

I know everyone has been so excited! :) JK... I know I have. My husband thinks I'm a bit crazy and I'm sure I am, but, as promised, here it is, the new nursery 95% done.





I also promised in my earlier post that I would list how much I spent to make this room work for two boys.... so...
here's the scoop:

We already had:
Crib- a deal from an Amish builder in Kirksville
Armoir (big green thing- free from K-ville cleanup- thanks to Charyce)
Eirik painting and two tropical paintings (cheap since I made them)
beetle art- calendar pages framed in found bamboo- mounted on foam core and cardstock
diaper basket
changing pad
growth chart- gift
lamp- garage sale
Rug- splurge from West Elm -I believe you can't skimp on rugs. :)

New Items:
New toddler bed: $25 craig's list
New Ikea dresser: $45 Craig's list
New bookshelf: $24 Wood and paint from Home Depot
New Curtains: free with a fabulous gift certificate from 4 wonderful girls at my shower! Thanks Sydney, Selina, Ashlie, and Katie!!!
New shelves on walls $12.50 (.50 brackets from Ikea and wood from home depot)
Paint for walls $22

Total for new items: $128.50!!

Yet to buy: crib mattress and new comfy glider! (The glider is my Christmas wish. :)

Although the room is a bit cramped, it's so functional and I'm so glad to have a changing table this time!! It was so fun to get out all of the baby boy stuff and put it in the new dresser. Eirik and I love our new play area and although the nursery will look this clean and put together for about 30 seconds before it's a giant mess, as nurseries always become, it is fun to have a place for everything and have it finished.

Now, where am I going to hang the new Joren painting I am working on ???

15 comments:

Ashley said...

oh Mel, you are awesome. Has Eirik slept in the big boy bed yet? How did that go? I absolutely love the greenery you painted by the crib. And I was wondering where you found that great bookshelf. You made it. Of course. You always blow me away, it looks great. Lucky Eirik. Lucky Joren.

Pattie said...

i love it love it... you are so creative thanks for sharing

Erin said...

It looks FANTASTIC! I love love love it. It all came together so well. I can't wait to get to see it for real, and get a look at every detail. The green bookcase you made and the shelves look great. Everything fits perfectly. And congrats on getting it all done for less than $150. Incredible!

mer said...

Ok so lets see this West Elm rug you splurged on :).

Tisha said...

WOW! Amazing, as usual!

The Nelson Family said...

I have been checking for this! It is darling, and though full, it looks so well put together! I want to see the rug - I love rugs and have a wonderful one on my wish list someday that I keep peeking at!
Camilynne

Tif Sweeney said...

Looks fabulous, of course! And, you can't beat the price! :)

Stef said...

Melody - that room just rocks! Way to go. Glad you had a wonderful baby shower, and hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

valerie said...

Oh the room looks wonderful! I love it. I love the greens and blues. Way cute!!!

Jill said...

I love it you are too talented! You also look soooo cute in your shower pictures!

Cammie said...

How wonderful! I love what you have done. Can I hire you one day? :0)

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

SOOOOO cute! Great job! You really should have your own show! ;) See you tomorrow!

The Posse said...

You're insane, you know that? I miss you so much. I have so much to learn still! I didn't absorb nearly enough yet! Why, oh WHY are we 12 hours away?! I LOVE, love, LOVE the nursery. You've done such an amazing job-- Xandri just turned one and I'm STILL not done with her nursery! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!

Natalie said...

The nursery looks AMAZING!

DeGooyer Family said...

Looks awesome, Melody! =)