Sunday, December 12, 2010

Joren turns 3!

Joren loves to say, "I'm not Joren, I'm Diego." so we threw him a Diego party. The kids got to go on animal rescue missions and save animals all over the house. They got "swamp juice" (apple juice with Swedish fish and nerds and green food coloring) and got to do an obsticle course over "crocidile alley" and up the "rainforest trees". I made Joren a Diego outfit and the kids got magnifying glasses, maps and whistles in their little packs. Joren had a good time, but I think he might have had just as much fun if it were just our family. I'm still trying to figure out how much of this birthday party hoopla is necessary. I think he really liked it, but most importantly he is a happy kid and he knows we "wike" him. He is so fun and easy going. He is so proud that he is potty trained. He is growing up so fast. We are lucky to be his parents.

1 comment:

The Posse said...

How fun!! What a great birthday- Xandri would love a Dora party. We don't do much birthday hoopla around here... I usually wish we'd do more, but I'm not very good at following through on my great ideas with planning and acting! And when and how did you potty train your boys? I want to train Roman and some days I think he's ready, but most I question it. I ask him almost everyday and he usually says no, so that's what I'm going off of.