Don't you love the classy XO XO neon?? I do. :)
This silver card holder was a great find at the Kirksville clean up. That means I found it in a pile of trash in front of someones house, and I love it.
I'm loving up my sweet tadpoles this week. Eirik got the paint out and painted this entirely on his own. He wanted to paint a deep blue sea for Joren since Joren LOVES fish and water so much. Isn't that so sweet! He said he would give it to him as soon as he woke up from his nap.
It's 1:00AM and over the baby monitor I just heard the cutest giggle from one of my dreaming children. That's one of those moments that make life fun. Another one happened this week. Eirik was "helping" me make dinner.. (translation: not helping) and Joren was playing happily in his room. I could hear him growling with all his dinosaurs over the monitor. Suddenly we heard the cutest angel voice confidently say "Eyeick! Eyeick!" I guess Joren learned to say his brother's name and was calling him to come play! We all ran to the bottom of the stairs to see if what we heard was real, and Joren had come to the top of the stairs to call his brother again. Mind you, Joren has not yet said Mom or Dad, but he was calling for his brother! Eirik excitedly climbed the stairs to see what his brother wanted to show him. Paul and I cried and jumped up and down in happiness. Bless that little Joren. He is so sweet. That was a week ago and he has not said Eyeick since, but they have been playing together so much. We are so glad we listened when the spirit told us that Eirik needed a brother right away!
Another great thing that happened this week is that I finally finished all three of my pillows I have been working on and I think they turned out really great.
Another great thing that happened this week is that I finally finished all three of my pillows I have been working on and I think they turned out really great.
This leaf pillow was an idea I really lifted from World Market. (Thanks World Market.. I love you.) I was with Kristen (of course) when she said, "we could make that" and then she found a jacket at a thrift store later that day with this nice wool, and then she gave me scraps of her green fabric.. and voila. The sleeves of that wool coat turned into a cute little bag for Eirik too. That wool jacket was a great $4 investment.
And here is the penny pillow I mentioned in a former post. This little project was such a lifesaver. I have sort of an anxious personality and need to stay busy. Stitching and stitching and stitching is really relaxing. I liked having this project to work on while my kids were in the bathtub or while I sat by their door at night while they went to sleep, and they liked it too because I can interact with them and still keep my hands busy. I had to force myself to stop working on it once they went to sleep though so that I would have something to do the next nights. I was so sad when I finished that I immediately started another one and it is almost done. I might be on to some little money maker here.. or maybe just a really fun time waster. Anyone want to buy one? You can choose the colors. :)
I let my kids drink their milks while laying on it a few minutes after this photo and Joren threw up about 2 inches from it. So, enjoy the pillow in pristine condition because it won't last long in my house.



7 comments:
Seriously. How are we friends. You are way too stinkin' awesome! Happy Valentines Day--love ya!
I'm with you on the color schemes--earthy tones are the best. I'm kind of on a wine/gold moracan kick right now--who knows! Love the pillows, love the pictures. You are fantastic.
GORGEOUS! I seriously LOVE love LOVE love LOVE those pillows. You are amazing and so creative. How exciting to make your own decorative pillows - designed in your own head!That is awesome. And that's darling that Joren called Eirik! So cute!
PS I love warm colors too. I'm always attracted to them first.
I LOVE those pillows - especially the flower one!
I want them...
love koko company! the pillows are so cool. You've inspired me...I have tons of fabric that I have been hoarding for years for pillows. Better get to it! Seriously why don't you live closer to help get me in the pants!
ooh, NICE WORK! And AMEN on the stitching.... seriously. I hand stitch sock monkeys while Noah plays....
and I have ogled that felt-circle style on a few other occasions. But seeing your ACTUALLY done and BEAUTIFUL?? Motivates me!!!!
Is is wool felt? regular acrylic felt? Do tell!!!
Once again very inspiring to see. Now I think I must have....
Post a Comment