Monday, February 02, 2009

Joren at 13 months

Poor Joren,
He hasn't had a post about just him in 6 months. I guess it's because he's so dang awesome, I feel like I'm just bragging when I talk about him. But this is for his record. I feel like he's my little great secret and if I talk about him too much I might jinx it or something. He loves to play with his toys. He wakes up and plays in his bed for at least 1/2 hour. I stock his crib with all kinds of new toys all the time and just listen to him on the monitor having a great time. He has his little dinosaurs growl at each other. He jabbers to himself. He is a great eater. He loves food. He's not very picky. He loves his bottle and can hold it himself.
He only really cries when he wants a bottle and I haven't been listening to his requests. He bites me when he is hungry, and the kid can BITE! He won't cut it out, but it is kind of cute. He loves to pull everything out of the cupboards and drawers and explore everything. He loves fish. He smacks his lips like a fish whenever he sees one. He loves to watch our fish tank. He learned to walk on Christmas eve and he is cruising now. He seems like such a big kid. He's a good climber. He's super easy to be with. He's chill, easy going, easy, easy, easy, cute as a bug and so lovey. He goes to bed easy, loves his Binky, usually wakes up once during the night for a milk, but sleeps great. He likes to nap for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. I know, don't hate me.. I told you it was good. I just know Heavenly Father knew what I could handle. He knew if he sent me 2 like Eirik I wouldn't make it. Eirik and Joren are perfect for each other. They don't fight about anything (cross my fingers.. yet). They don't really play together a lot, but they love to be with each other. I think when Joren starts to talk more, we will have a whole new world open up to us. He just doesn't really care about talking yet. He can make the sounds of a dinosaur, bear, tiger, owl, duck, elephant, and fish. He can say duck, disaur, and done... and onguard that's about it. Oh I almost forgot, he says "onguard" and he is great at sword fighting! He's just busy doing everything else, and believe me, we have enough talking happening in our house, so we love his quiet content sweetness.

5 comments:

rochelle said...

Sounds wonderful. You are raising some cuties, Melody. And I love that you cherish each minute!

Syd said...

I just love him. I really really love him. And you shouldn't have to feel bad for your post about Eirik. Seriously, I would be exhausted if he was my son. Just b/c you get frustrated doesn't mean there aren't good times, and I think we all know that. Maddy can drive me nuts, and yet she is such a tender hearted thing too. I didn't think anything of the post, except to be exhausted for you. Sweet of Paul to worry about it, but I wouldn't. (sorry paul). You are amazing Mel. Really. Your boys are so lucky to have you.

Amy Evans said...

Yes you shouldn't talk about him too much or you just may jinx it!!
He is such a sweety. And Heavenly Father really does know what we need and what we can handle, that's why he gave me Kaitlin too.
Wish you lived closer.
Amy

Pattie said...

its so nice to have an update about your boys..They have a great mom

Emily S. said...

LOVE that pic!!!!! You have such a great gaggle of boys in your home!