Friday, March 21, 2008

"J" Bird- 4 month update


Joran is now 4 months old! Wow. It's gone by so fast. This baby is an absolute delight. He is rarely fussy. He sleeps a ton. He is steady as a rock. He loves to stand up for long lengths of time. It's almost like you can see himself concentrating really hard to push himself to the limit. He loves to be in his jumper for short bursts. He is soo patient with Eirik while he is malled and pestered and presented with one horse after another. Eirik likes to help change Joren's diaper and unzip his clothes and give him his binky. Joren smiles all the time and is working on learning to roll over and creep. He loves his binky. He has super rolly polly legs which work well to keep him very steady. The best of all is that Joren is a WATER BABY. I have never seen a kid take to water like this little fish has. I'm thinking about sewing him a speedo so I can video his super excited face as he lays in the tub, just his little face sticking out, legs kicking, arms splashing and body totally floating. He loves it. He cries when I take him out even if he's been in there for 1/2 hour. I have started letting him lay there without holding his head because he's so confident.
Another funny thing is that he has incredibly loud burps. Man size burps. It's amazing. He's had a pretty consistent schedule for about a month now and is starting to go to sleep in the same room as his brother now. He still wakes up at 12 and 5 to eat, but we're in a good groove. He's so chill. If I had had him first I would have been totally freaked out having a kid like Eirik second. What a difference. I just wrap Joren up, give him his binky and leave the room and he goes right to sleep. There is no fretting, crying to sleep, incessant rocking and singing and all the other mumbo jumbo we went through with Eirik.....yet. I hope that didn't just jinx us. Eirik keeps saying, "baby brother Joren, hurry grow up so we can play." He's growing fast, and they are going to be best buds. Yeah!

9 comments:

Emily S. said...

Can you believe our 4-month olds?? Mine is a water baby, too... So fun to play in the bath with him!

Wish we lived closer... :(

The Nelson Family said...

I love this photo. He seems like such a delight. Jane was a pretty easy baby and I'm a little nervous to have a second - maybe it would have been easier to have a harder one first! I love the finger puppets too.

You should come down to Florida for that residency! I would love it. Where would it be anyway?

Michelle said...

He has such a sweet beautiful face! It really is such a joy to see your children become pals.

Pattie said...

oh how sweet.. love the post about E its amazing how much they change so quickly...

Pattie said...

oh how sweet.. love the post about E its amazing how much they change so quickly...

Cammie said...

That does sound like you're in a good groove. He sounds like a dream sleeper--we had a really tough time with Soren with all the stuff you talked about(with regards to Erik) and it never really worked. We have our groove now but we still help him to sleep by reading to him. I can't complain now because we have come a long long way and it's so much better and enjoyable at nighttime but I'm amazed at the babies like Joren that can go to bed all on their own--WOW!

Erin said...

Haha! Well, Joren IS growing fast, so I think Eirik will get his wish soon enough! :)

The Posse said...

Wow... he's so cute! I can't believe he's already 4 months... he's so big. I love the bath thing. Water babies are so fun! I'm glad he's easy on you. Good work.

erin T to the S said...

somehow I think the first kid just KNOWS somehow that there isn't anyone else but them and they can somehow work the system...the same way with second kids, it's like they KNOW that the first kid was high maintainence so they just don't even go there...
those boys are so so beautiful..