Joren didn't sleep well so I was up much of the night. Eirik woke up at 6:30. I went a got him a milk and insisted that he go back to bed for at least an hour since he is always WAY too tired when he gets up then. I sat by his bed until he was asleep to avoid the inevitable "process" of putting him back in his bed a gazillion times. Then I went back to my comfy bed for a few more Z's. 10 minutes later, there was Eirik screaming "Come on mommady, downsteeees. Wake up MOmmady." I knew my night was over but stayed in bed in a groggy state of stupor until Eirik turned on the radio on the alarm clock and turned up the volume all the way so I would have to stop ignoring him so that it wouldn't wake Joren up! So we got up and our day ensued. Grumpy, whiney Eirik could not be consoled and moved from activity to activity at breakneck speed crying in between each. As usual he refused to eat any breakfast so I threw it away. As I tried to put on some make up he found the sunscreen under the counter and squirted it all over. I put him on the counter so I could watch him better and he got soap all over his jeans. As we were washing his hands he "threw" himself in the sink and got soaked. So we changed his clothes for the first time 40 minutes after our day began. We were preparing to go to story hour at the library. Eirik insisted on wearing his church shoes instead of his snow boots. I put them on and his coat and he was out the door before I could stop him. Did he go and nicely wait by the car? or did he go straight to the biggest mud puddle and sit in it? B- he sat in the mud.
At this point, the baby got to wait in the car while I pulled off his mud soaked clothes and in the process got myself covered in mud head to toe. The idea of going to the library was sounding less and less appealing minute my minute, but we persevered. I finally got everything loaded and we backed out to discover that the brakes were not working in the car. I pulled back into our space and sat there thinking.... what are we going to do to fill up this never ending day?? I called Erin to tell her we would not be at the library and she suggested a walk in the stroller to her house to use her car. What a good friend. Well, the walk was just what we needed. It was 40 degrees, but no wind and Eirik and I had not had any good exercise for a couple of weeks. Up and down the stairs does not count. When I got everyone loaded in the double stroller and realized that there really was no wind and 40 degrees is not that bad with no wind, we decided to go to the park instead of the library. So I pushed and ran as much of the way as I could and then we went sliding on the rain soaked slides and got soaked and ran home. When Eirik started screaming because his mittens were soaked and he was freezing was when I called my mom.I don't know about you guys but being cooped up inside all of Jan and Feb has always been hard for me, especially the past few years when I haven't gone to work everyday. Eirik is the same way so getting out, even in the drizzely cold was just what we both needed. We came home and drew pictures of palm trees and hammocks on beaches. We're making big plans for Mr. Sunshine when he comes back around.


3 comments:
It just couldn't get any worse, could it? I'm laughing a cringing laugh right now- sympathetic to your horrible plight, but I can still see the humor!
Is it weird that I can totally see Paul's resemblance in this picture? I don't think I've ever seen Paul throw a temper tantrum, but for some reason...it's striking!
I'm so sorry about your day, it sounds just like one of mine! I'm impressed that you thought to take a picture when he was sitting in the mud.
Post a Comment