Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Brother is coming!!!!

Paul and I have been trying to prepare Eirik for the coming of a little brother. He is in a stage right now where he is very, exasperatingly needy. He won't let me leave the room he is in without a tantrum. This concerns me since very soon some of his needs will have to be superseded by a new baby. We've been reading a bunch of books about new babies and little siblings and we have been talking about the baby at least once a day. I think this exacerbates the problem for Eirik because he now refers to himself as the baby and wants to be held and rocked and sung to like a baby more often than he used to. Still, Paul has really taught him to be excited by the word "brother." It's so cute how Paul gets Eirik to squeal with delight about it even though I'm not sure he knows what he's getting excited about. This video really cracks me up and sums up life in a sweet little microcosm.
(Obviously I didn't learn my lesson about filming sideways since last time!) sorry...


PS. What does everyone think of the name Joren for Eirik's little bro??? Any middle name suggestions? We are stumped..

12 comments:

Tif Sweeney said...

This video totally cracks me up, especially about the food!!!! I was laughing so hard!! Oh, and I love Joren! That is such a cute name! What were some of the other names that you were thinking of for both Eirik and this one? I remember you having some really cute ideas last time. Maybe you can use one of those!

Ashley said...

I do love that name. Eirik and Joren. Yes. And middle names...do either of your dad's have good names? I mean, I'm sure they have good names. Do they have names that would flow well with Joren? Maybe look at some ol' genealogy names.

Pattie said...

Sarah is excited to have eirik come and play.cute video my favorite part is when he throws his food and the reaction from his parents both times. you guys are so cute..

Unknown said...

Love Joren. It sounds great with Aanderud. I'm sure you'll choose a great middle name. Very funny video! I love his excited face!

The Posse said...

Love Joren. Lucas popped into my mind for a middle name... Joren Lucas Aanderud...

Jill said...

How cute, I LOVE the name!

Katherine said...

That is such a cute video. I love your cute mother voice: "Eirik, don't drop your food." So cute.

rebecca said...

Yay! I'm excited that you are having a boy! Eirik will love having a brother so close to his age. At first I thought Karson and Daxon were too close in age, but they adore each other and they are about how far apart your two will be. I love the name Joren!! How about Joren Paul? :)v I love your and Paul's sychronized, "Ohhh" when he dropped his food :)

Natalie said...

I am having the same deal with Jonnie lately--she freaks if I leave the room. If you figure out how to stop that one: please let me know!
I love the name Joren too!

Emily S. said...

funny clip-- how "real life"!!

Joren really works. You can have my next boy's middle name if ya want-- Atticus.

:)

Sheen said...

Yeah, kind of got tired of waiting, but mostly jealous of all the cute headers on everyone else's! Anyway, mine's cute, but huge and ridiculous. I'll still take you up on your "offer" (me saying "Melody, make me a header!") if it stands! I don't mind waiting now that I have a temporary header in place ;)

Erin said...

Haha! I loved that he was throwing his food at the same time! Haha! That was cute - My favorite is his "excited" face. :)