Tuesday, August 07, 2007

TV and fondant

When we moved we decided to go ahead and make the plunge into the big bad world and get cable TV. It's been a few years since we have been plugged in to the vein of acid laced modern media and after a few weeks of being "dazzled" by it's marvels, we remember why we got unplugged, but we're still seduced. I'm trying to find those few key shows that make TV worth watching. One of the TV show marvels is Home Makeover Extreme Edition. Man, do they know how to play out the dramatics. It's fun to watch though, I'll admit. Ty has great style. I also love the kids shows that give me at least an hour of peace a day. Thank you TV. And, of course I love the food network. I have just watched a few of the iron Chef shows and the competitions.. also SO dramatic, I mean, why is there so much melodrama?? Anyway, I love the fondant cake competitions. They're totally over the top and ridiculous, but it's such a crazy kind of hobby, so challenging and yet so much fun. I want to make it clear that I have no desire to enter any big competitions or anything. I just like making little funny cakes, and I feel like I have to redeem myself from my last pig/ hippo cake that turned out a little different than planned. (he, he, he) So I finally found the photo of this cake I made for my niece in June. Isn't it funny how the TINY imperfections look enormous in photos?? Ok, stop looking so close. It was fun to make and this one was super tasty. (At least I hope everyone else thought so.)


PS. Thanks mom for doing this one with me! It was so much fun to do together!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful cake! We too just this past year had cable and we only have the very basic kind so I don't get to see Foodnetwork! By the way I commented on your last post as Devon and Michelle, just didn't want to freak you out!

Pattie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pattie said...

what a great birthday cake you have such talent..

there are pros and cons with the tv its a great babysitter at times and sometime it sucks us in and wasts all of our time
for us i think it would be good to pull the plug but i just dont have the courage to do it.

Jill said...

Thats way cute I love it.

Amy Evans said...

What a cute cake and girl!

Hey - I want to see a picture of your belly! How are you feeling?

Gingerlylizzy said...

Stop being so talented. You are making the rest of us look bad! LOL

Erin said...

That is the cutest cake! I am totally impressed!