Friday, August 10, 2007

Homage to K-ville favorites

This blog entry is about some of the things that we love and miss about K-ville. It's sort of an homage to our little town. Before we left town I went into Hyvee and wrote the management a little love note. I think Hyvee is such a great store. All of the employees are so friendly. The butchers and bakers were awesome. There were FREE special carts that Eirik loved to ride in. (The firetruck carts are $1 here). And, Eirik could be sure he would get a balloon at the end of our trip, which he loved. There is great cross merchandising, great produce, great deli, easy to find employees who are happy to help, and music that always got us dancing in the isles. Thanks Hyvee for being around the corner from us and for always having almost everything we needed.
We also loved our little library, that we could ride our bikes to. It was small and quaint and not very well stocked, but it had heart.
We didn't get our bikes until our second year in K-ville and we used them so much. I think I rode somewhere almost every day. Too bad this photo doesn't show Eirik in his bike seat since it was his favorite place to be in the whole world. He would drag me out to the bikes and beg me for a ride. We went every morning to the TCC and rode there every time we could. Great times. Where else are there so many destinations easily accessible by bike? Well, not here in Detroit at least!

I guess I should explain the VIC Cleaners sign. It was my landmark that told me where to turn to go home. I think in a weird way it will always signify K-ville home. I never even went there. Ha Ha...

3 comments:

Tisha said...

Such fun reminders of Kirksville. Isn't Hy-Vee the BEST!

Wilsons said...

There's a smile in every isle!

Wilsons said...

I actually think it is "a helpful smile in every isle"