Somedays I look at our kid and I just stare in disbelief. It's such a wonder that this little AMAZING person came from two dummies like Paul and myself. (sorry Paul, but you really earned that tonight!)
Tonight Eirik was being SO cute. He had a late nap and woke up so happy. I put him in his high chair and gave him a bowl of Southwest Chicken (one of my favorite recipes/ Thanks Katherine!) and a spoon and let him go to town. Without the chips and lettuce this dish is basically a salsa with chicken in it, but Eirik loves spicey food and he spent an hour working his way through two bowls of it. I was making cookies and talking to him while he ate. He asked me what I was doing in his little Eirik way; "Da? Da?" so I gave him a bit of cookie dough, and, WOW, he loved it. So he continued to ask me in the sweetest way for more cookie dough. After coming off of a week where I have been doing my best to break his demanding whining new habbits, this was a really refreshing change of pace. After he had eaten lots of cookie dough and a banana too, I asked him if he wanted to get down. He looked at me, shook his head no and asked me in sign language for more cookie please. He combined the words to make a sentence with the cutest little look on his face! They say that kids start using two words together around age 2. For a 13 month old, I'd say that's pretty good! After he was finally finished with his 1 1/2 hour dinner, I got him down, and held his hand as he walked me to the bathtub, looked up at me and smiled. I said, "would you like to take a bath?" and he started giggling and jumping up and down. I know, it's silly, I'm just thrilled because I'm starting to have so much fun with my son. He is interacting and communicating with me and playing jokes on me. He tickles me and gives me big kisses on my cheek with his mouth wide open. He asks me in sign language to read him books and he loves to sort shapes and he knows the color yellow and how to say it verbally. I didn't want to put him to bed tonight. We put on a movie and snuggled until he was dozing in my lap. Good times! I can't wait until there are more of them to have fun with.
I am a proud mama today.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Awww.... this is what makes it all worthwhile!
that is the coolest...Thank you for documenting the little moments, not just for us, but for that crazy little guy to appreciate later in his life.
You are great!
He is so smart and so adorable! I'm so impressed with how well he is doing with his signs.
How cute, what a smart little boy!
Post a Comment