Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Family time

We've had lots of great family time lately. We rode our bikes to get Subway for dinner last night and then rode through this really nice wooded trail. We saw our friends on their bikes on the way and we all hung out for a while. Tonight we went to a thrift store before dinner and found this awesome huge wooden castle building kit for the boys with knights and dragons and all kinds of accessories for $7. We bought that and a power rangers movie, came home and had dinner together and then played. Family time is great. It's so fun.. especially when everyone is in a good mood.
Joren has started saying "no way" and "I try" and "I'm cute". He cracks us up. Eirik woke me up this morning and said, "mom, I want to play chess." So I got the chess board out which we haven't done for over a year and I showed him the rules as we went. He REALLY has a knack for it and is quite good at it. I won't be surprised if he can beat me every time by the time he is 6.
Eirik said to me today, "mom, say that thing again when you were really excited. That was adorable." Is that normal for a 3 year old to be so grown up? You should hear him say adorable.
I bought a pair of designer jeans at the thrift store tonight for $5 without trying them on (no dressing room) and when I got home to try them, I couldn't believe that they fit like a glove. They are perfect. What luck!
I'm painting, designing, doing projects for friends, and working on photobooks. Today, life is really good.

7 comments:

Juliana said...

So many tender mercies... a beautiful world to ride the bicycle in, friends to smile with, children who are becoming more and more fun... These are the days, my friend!

Jill said...

That is so cute! I can not even play chess!!! I am glad you are having a good day. (No exclamation point on that sentence I think I am over doing it)

Adam said...

I'm so glad you had a great day. Thanks for sharing.
Amy

Ashley said...

Wait, what? CHESS?!?!?!?

DeGooyer Family said...

Hi - I've been thinking about you - hope you're doing OK.

Emily S. said...

LOVE the update... LOVE your inner peace. Hugs and love to you...

Unknown said...

love the new hot shoes! i love your comment about wearing them to bed!!! i died! i have totally felt that way before! congrats on the great jeans, i love when that happens... on the flip side i HATE when i get them home and they don't fit...