It's overwhelming to try to tell about each fun packed day so I've decided to start with my
Top ten awesome moments: (and try to fill in some details later with more scrumptious photos .)
10. Justin got totally hypnotized at the hypnotist show and had us rolling on the floor laughing. He was awesome! He conducted a tremendous symphony! Very impressive!
9. My Rock star husband was the first up for Karaoke and nailed it with "Sweet Caroline"! He was a natural and, oh so charming!
8. On the wonderful island of St. Thomas at Saphire beach I swam out way way way out by myself almost to where the boats were passing and found a huge sea turtle. He was not afraid of me and we swam together for a while until he started to surface and I got to grab onto his shell and experience turtledom. It was AWESOME!
7. There was a little lul in the excitement. The men had gone off to do some male whatever and we were chilling in Katherine's room when someone had the idea to come up with notes to annonymously slip to other passengers. We mischeviously wrote up little messages from the management about how people had eaten too much shrimp and were being asked to please refrain or about how their nighttime activities were interupting other guests. (I'm sure Katherine will share all the details as she scrupulously took photos of all of our notes.) It was a moment of sheer giddiness. It's fun to feel 14 again. I just wish I could have seen the recipient's faces.
6. We got to roll in Paul's 29th year with an outrageously fancy steak dinner with lobster tail and all the works. (and how many of you crazies ate 2 whole steaks!! yes, more than 2 of you!)
5. In Dominica we took an hour long bus ride up through the amazing rain forest to a river where we tubed down to this beautiful lagoon where we swam and decided to climb up these roots to a small ledge and all jump off. I loved the idea and was the first one up, however in my haste I didn't realize that all my "cool" companions had removed their life vests for the photo so I look like the lame duck who is afraid to drown. (photo coming). Thanks guys.. you know how to show your love.
4. This magician comedian guy (Michael James) was shockingly irreverent and insanely funny. At the end of his show the announcer, who was this terrific MC was congratulating him and introducing more events when Michael stuck his head out under the curtain to look up her skirt unbeknown to her. Her surprise showed that it was not expected and not appreciated. After a bit of recovery she calmly said, "that was in interesting way for him to resign." It was shocking and terrible and oh so funny at the same time.
3. 30 Rock quotes became a constant thread of laughter throughout the whole trip. "You ate that whole steak!" "A dog took it, It came out of no where!"
2. For a whole week I didn't have to experience even a moment of this:


14 comments:
Best Vacation EVER.
Not to worry about the cliff jumping picture. It's too far away and too blurry to notice your dorky life preserver! ;) It's coming soon on your disc. It is so overwhelming to think about blogging about all of it and I don't know where to start!
Awesome blog post!! Congrats on the fun vacation and I laughed out loud at the video you included at the end!!
Congratulations! I'm so sorry about the morning sickness...all too fresh in my mind. I hope after Brad gets done with his next 4 years or so we can do something awesome like that. Glad you got a good break.
Cami
Such a fun post! I loved the top 10! I think the slipping notes to the passengers was my favorite on the count down. Especially "you've eaten too much shrimp" one. Absolutely HILARIOUS! I'm glad you guys had such a blast!
Yey! Congratulations for cute babies! And what an awesome vacation... There is a possibility that we could be neighbors (sort of) in the nearish future!
Congratulations Melody! And what a fun vacation!
Congratulations!!!!
great post!! I was totally waiting to here about the vacation. next up, Graduation pics!! anyway just a few things I would change. Paul turned 29, not 28. but really who's counting....not me, I just know because of the whole "we were born on the same day thing" anyway oh yeah, it's a "life vest" not a "live vest". Oh I love the temper tantrum!!! Go Erick!!
Awesome! I am excited for a new Aanderud baby to come. Your vacation sounded amazing. I'm green with envy!
Sounds GLORIOUS and amazing! I am so happy for you and Paul. And CONGRATS!!!!!!
very jealous of your vacation. I'm in need of some much needed caribbean love. Congrats on the new baby!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Paul told us your awesome news graduation weekend, but with all the craziness and traveling since then, I have not even really had the chance to chat with you! We are so happy for you, but a bit jealous of your super fun vacation!! Maybe once we get more settled, I will give you a call so we can catch up!!
Ok, seriously.... I'm kind of pissed that you guys worked it out, because I totally want to go on a cruise with you next year! That sounds like a rocking cool vacay, nice work all. And finally, obviously--- CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited you're making another crib midget! You're such a good mom, you'll be amazing with three. It's a challenge, but it's seriously so fun.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment