Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Dream Interior!

I just found my dream home interior. It has my favorite colors, a great mix of old and new, all that wonderful carved dark wood that I adore with lots of clean lines mixed in. It is so dreamy I have to share. I found it through a design blog I love to check out called Katydid. The house is called EcoManor and is the home of Laura and Rutherford Seydel. Laura is the daughter of Ted Turner, CNN founder. The home is environmentally friendly and is being used to teach designers about designing green.
I think designing green is very important and very cool, but they way they designed this house exactly to my taste is even cooler.
I've chosen my favorite photos to post, but if you want to see more you can visit EcoManor for a tour of the home.

I think the art chosen for this home is especially wonderful. Oh how I would love to design interiors like this someday!













Wasn't that a treat!

12 comments:

Matt and Julia said...

I love that! Clean lines are essential. That has the perfect amounts of texture and bright colors. Fantastic! I wouldn't mind living in that! (Although, I am a little "greened" out)

Juliana said...

Mmmm I love it!! Are you saying my house won't look just like that when we're done??

Ashley said...

I can picture you living it up in there, it is very 'you'. But does it have an atrium? :)

What's that last picture? A work room?

rebecca said...

Nice!! I could see your house looking like that:)

The Law Spot said...

I completely agree! I definitely love this style too. Wish I had the budget to incorporate some of these ideas... nice to dream, though!

The Law Spot said...

Hey, I just noticed that my neighbor, Rebecca, is on here! How do you guys know each other? Small world!!

Julie said...

Miss you Melody. I'm so glad things are going so well. I love to read about your family.
Love,
Aunt Julie

Melody said...

No way Marney! Rebecca is one of my best friends from Kirksville. Her hubby is in med school too. She is moving soon. What a great girl. You are lucky she is your neighbor. Do your boys play together?

I'm so glad to find your blog.. I can't wait to read it!

DeGooyer Family said...

In a few years we'll hire you to come decorate our house. =) I LOVE this!

Mary said...

Love it! I follow katydid as well...good stuff. I love the house too! Pefect mix! Oh, one day, one day.

Katie said...

Love lOve loVe lovE. It's beautiful and very "Melody-ous"

Erin said...

Wow, that is cool! I really liked the white and wood look. I loved those big windows along the white wall. I like white with all the light it gives. I didn't like the red room as much as the main white rooms - it is kind of brooding and studious which is what it was supposed to be, since it was an office I guess - and I have to admit, although the trees are kind of neat, any one or your art pieces would put that wall to shame! :) Anyway, I totally agree about the pictures. I loved the decor and open feeling to the rooms. It helps that they were so big! Love it!