I got lucky enough to have my friend Kristen come stay with us
for the week with her little cutie Rhoda.

It's rare to find a friend that is so easy to be with that you genuinely love every minute together (even non-stop for a week) and are sad when they go. She's one of my best creative inspirations. She has this fearless approach to making things that really gives me confidence. She's always saying to me, "we could make that." and we often end up doing it. This time we worked on this outdoor mat project that we started a while ago.. This one started when she saw my post about this Anthropologie rug that I was wishing I could buy. She called me up and said, "we could make that." And we did!! (Of course it's not quite the same, but I'm pretty happy with the results.
Kristen is cracking up in this picture because I asked her to hold the spray paint for the shot and then we both realized how dumb that was since we weren't really spraying inside with a baby right there..
This gives you an idea of our oh so technical execution.
We got the plain colored mat from Ikea for cheap... (i don't remember $10 or something like that). Then we drew up a stencil, cut it out and pinned it to the mat. We spray painted for the colors that we had the right color spray paint for, and we used cheap craft acrylic paint for the other colors. It's a bit tricky getting the right parts of the stencil on for each different color, but it didn't take that much time, and it was so fun to do.
Thanks Kristen! Now we just have to finish yours!
And we started these penny coin pillows. I have always loved these and now I know how to make them. finished photos are yet to come.
While Kristen was here, I had a great time cooking and one night while we were eating Kristen said something about how fancy the food was, how fancy it was to sit next to a beautiful salt water aquarium and how nice the music was. Then she said, it's better than a fancy restaurant. Her perspective made me really sit back and think about how good we have it. While it's negative 10 outside, we're with family and friends, cozy, eating well and making penny pillows. It doesn't get better; at least for January.
We miss you already Kit! Eirik cried when he woke up and you were gone. (so did I)
for the week with her little cutie Rhoda.
This gives you an idea of our oh so technical execution.
Thanks Kristen! Now we just have to finish yours!
We miss you already Kit! Eirik cried when he woke up and you were gone. (so did I)


3 comments:
I love you! I miss you! You're crafty! Exclamation!
I am in love with that name...Rhoda. Adorable. I'm so glad you got to have some good company and good creating time. I know how much that renews your spirit. I'm excited to hear more about these pillows!
What a lot of stitching those circles together. I am so lovin' your paint color on the walls. Dang your crafty.
Post a Comment