Monday, March 29, 2010

Life in a house.. peacefull spring

Eirik: "Mom, I just swept the whole house."
Me: "Great, did you make me a big pile to scoop up?"
Eirik: "No mom, It's abstract sweeping."

march

a million changes

Love, love loving our new house.

Taking time to live.. breath.. settle into the glorious life having a home gives.

space, rooms, closets, yard, yard, yard.. Loving our yard to pieces.


Dining room with no carpet...that we can all fit around.

no more family meals sitting on the floor around the kids table in the tiny kitchen.

Love mealtime!

Pantry.. I feel like a kid in a candy store looking at all my jars and cans and food storage and having shelves to line them up on.

basement! ..Toy area! . laundry ROOM! No more laundry on the kitchen floor being sorted!

Big nursery... school room .. sunlight.. bunkbeds.. organization.

School with kids every morning.. Morning art. Scripture study and memorization.

Reading cards. Animal cards. puzzles. singing time. Fun.

Love my kids.

Dog

Cutest dog in the world. sweet sweet dog. Attention like we have never had before.
People love this dog. Wow, he makes us popular on walks. I can love this dog.
A house of 4 boys needs a dog like this.



puppy- I think 9 weeks


boy party

Superhero Birthday party

My 3 year old tadpole turned four. He's losing his tail and getting big independent legs. So smart. So giving, kind. So thoughtful and a total problem solver. social, confident, decisive, determined, creative, bright.. my little superhero.

(superman is saving the cowgirl who is drowning in the water)
training



building a spider web with yarnbuilding superhero gadgets

masked cupcakes

SPRING!

(still discovering bark dust in my gloves)


leaf stew

finally getting out the camera again. finally getting an ounce of creative spirit raising up and swelling inside. Loving my new studio! taking time to look through old sketchbooks, journals, art files, old paintings...organizing it all.. remembering.. planning. Feeling Alive! Thrift store shopping to decorate the new art cocoon. Real. Uncovering my artist self. Invigorating..

"When you come right down to it, all you have is yourself. Yourself is a sun with a thousand fires in your belly. The rest is nothing. Pablo Picasso

lighting the fire... decorating my studio feels like i'm uncovering a bit of that inner sun. can't wait to reveal it.

"Each of us has the right, that possibility to invent ourselves daily. If a person does not invent herself, she will be invented. So, to be bodacious enough to invent ourselves is wise. Maya Angelou

Belly

Belly swelling, tightening, insanely tight for only 20 weeks. Doc says this one is impressively kinetic. I feel it everyday.. starting a 6 week yoga class tomorrow to try to reclaim at least a small portion of what used to feel like mine.

Trying hard to find a boy name and more boy energy. Trying hard to feel like I will have it in me to try again for a girl. Trying hard not to feel just a tiny bit overwhelmed with boy..ness. Wishing I could make these old T-shirts into cute little baby girl summer dresses. trying hard to not do it anyway even though it's a boy inside. trying hard.

Favorite things:

"Mommy, I love you more than a blue whale".

"Mommy, I love you more than the whole ooniverse."

"Mommy, I wuv you."


8 comments:

rebecca said...

LOVE your new house!!! Looks like lots of room for all of those boys you have running around:) Congratulations on a 3rd boy:) I LOVE having 3 boys:) Wouldn't change it if I could:)

Kristy said...

Congratulations on another boy! How exciting! cute dog! Sounds like a great house! Looks like a fun party too :-)

Julie said...

Stephen was the 4th boy in a row. His wedding last weekend was so beautiful. Your parents were wonderful to come to Manti. Beautiful house. Beautiful couple. Beautiful BOYS! I love them. (Plus they are strong and handy around the house for chores.)

Natalie Tidwell said...

Melody--you are amazing. I think you have more natural creativity in your tiny finger than I do in 5 of me! I get the boy thing, this will be our 3rd in July and the big belly, tight clothes, tons of their energy can be mind boggling sometimes. Congrats on the new house--you & Paul are fantastic and deserve every happiness. Good luck, Happy Easter & lots of hugs!!

Eugie said...

So many good things going on with you. Another boy, I bet it is hard to deal with the idea of another boy...Love the puppy, sooo cute it's not even funny. Your house looks awesome...can't wait to see the art nook.

GayLynn said...

I love this post so much! I'm so happy that things are going so well. Congratulations on having a home with enough space for your own STUDIO! Someday...=) Can't wait to see what you create next.

What an awesome birthday party! I may need to steal that idea in the future.

Ryan is studying like a mad-man for the boards right now...just three weeks until the big test and then third year begins!

Adam said...

I'm so glad you posted!!
Your living room looks beautiful. I can't wait to see more pics of the house! Cute b-day party.
Happy Easter!
-Amy

Erin said...

I love this post! It was really fun to read. Eirik IS all of those things you listed - creative, decisive, confident etc. I love the new house. It is gorgeous. You have it decorated so great. The puppy is a cutie, and he fits right in! I love the leaf stew and all the cute things you did for the birthday party. How imaginative you are! Exciting about the art studio!