Every once in a while my house looks just how I want it to. For a few minutes this week, it was in a state of complete repair and I had to take some pictures to record the moment before the inevitable chaos ensued. I love decorating for Christmas.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Christmas has transormed our tiny space
Paul grew up cutting a tree every year so tradition lives on. Paul and I had a great time choosing our tree, but our boys... well... They pretty much whined and cried through the whole experience. I guess Momma didn't dress them warm enough or something. (Babies! Bah!)
They did love decorating it though, in the warmth of our own home. Eirik got all his favorite stuffed animals and let them live in the tree. They were both so fun with their "helping".
Every once in a while my house looks just how I want it to. For a few minutes this week, it was in a state of complete repair and I had to take some pictures to record the moment before the inevitable chaos ensued. I love decorating for Christmas.

I discovered that my white metal snowflake ornaments look really cool in my big dark stained pressbox. This will be a repeat tradition I think.
I got my new family photos (taken by the ever talented Ashley Pace) framed and hung. It was more of a project than I expected. I had to rearrange all of the art in my house to make room for them, but I love how it turned out.

Eirik has been so excited about Santa coming. He has been listing all the things he wants from Santa over and over again. He made this letter to Santa and decorated it by himself (except I cut out the candy cane). The black feathers are the dark night sky. He wrote his name mostly by himself and dictated all the words. He loved dropping it in the big red Santa mailbox at the library.

Every once in a while my house looks just how I want it to. For a few minutes this week, it was in a state of complete repair and I had to take some pictures to record the moment before the inevitable chaos ensued. I love decorating for Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ahhh...that looks like a place I want to be. In fact, I think I'll go there. Tomorrow.
Post a Comment