Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Wow, I can't stop posting poitical views...

I support Campaign For Liberty. I believe the American people have the right to know where our tax money is being spent.

If you agree:

(Contact your representative and senators and urge them to cosponsor HR 1207/S 604 if they have not yet done so. If they have already signed on, tell them it is imperative that Audit the Fed receive a standalone, up or down vote on its own merits. Full transparency in our nation's monetary system is too important to be a minor footnote in yet another massive Washington bill.)

I also believe that the health care "reform" Obama is suggesting doesn't give enough incentive for anyone to become a doctor. It takes away so many freedoms a doctor has. Doctors are the only profession in the United States whose salaries have steadily declined for decades. Interest rates on medical student loans are rising and spots for training programs are decreasing as well as funding for the training. Taxes for higher income earners are 40% and rising. Those who earn a higher income will have to pay for health insurance for the lower class through taxes AND health insurance for themselves. If the government mandates exactly how a doctor can practice and how much money he/she can make, where is the incentive? This is NOT capitalism and not American in my opinion. I think if we want to change the high costs of health care we need to start with Tort reform and make people more responsible for their own health. Sorry if that sounds selfish. I want to help people. I want to take care of the sick and the needy, but I don't think making the doctors the main martyrs is going to increase the quality of health care. Isn't quality of health care all about the quality of the providers?

I get so worked up and passionate about this stuff, sometimes I need a breather... :)

Ahh. ...


2 comments:

Amy Evans said...

I agree with you melody. Thanks for your personal insight because I know it will directly affect you and your family- therefor you know the results of what Obama is trying to push. I get more and more scared about of country the more I learn- but that's all the more reason to get involved!
I love your video!- my girls wanted to watch it over and over!

Amy Evans said...

Hey Mel- I realized you have some old info for us-
The blog you have as amy and adam is the one Adam started and we haven't updated it for a long time but the one I started is my current ambition-
http://amyevans.blogspot.com
and I have some links to Adam's new stuff media and photography etc!
You should take a gander....:)