Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Stockings

My friend Amy told me yesterday that her mom suffers from OPD: Obsessive Project Dissorder. I totally relate!! This is my disease!

Ever since Kristen showed me her Thanksgiving banner creation I have been bitten by the sewing bug. I keep thinking up all of these fun fabric projects. The first couple of projects I have tackled are some darling little onesies for Joren, some fleece pants for Joren and these fun Christmas stockings. I've always wanted to make stockings, but it didn't make sense to make them until we had a bit bigger family.
I still need to embroider the names on the top. The "believe" one is mine, the wise men one is Paul's since he is wise and the patriarch of the home who's job is to lead us to the Savior, Eirik's is the shepherd with the sheep since he loves animals, and Joren's is the angel since he is our little Christmas angel this year.
I listened to the book of Luke online while I embroidered these and had a great time thinking about the Christmas story.
Thanks Kristen for inspiring me and giving me confidence!

6 comments:

Pattie said...

WOW I am simply amazed that you were able to create these beautiful stocking with a new baby in toe...

The Andersons said...

YES! Even when I know what you are planning it always turns out so much cutier than I could imagine. These are perfect.

DeGooyer Family said...

How cute! You are a lady of many talents. =)

Erin said...

These look awesome, Melody. I especially like how you did the star in each one.

Unknown said...

Wow, these are beautiful. How special and fun! You are inspiring.

Mary said...

Melody those are beautiful. What a fun idea. I will have to think of you the next time I think I don't have enough time.